Old City Coffee Brewing Guide: 10 steps to a delicious cup of coffee
1. Select your beans carefully. We suggest high-altitude grown, small-batch roasted Arabican coffee.
2. Grind beans to the consistency that is appropriate for your brewing method.
3. Always use clean equipment and a fresh filter for each brew.
4. Use cool, fresh water. It is best to remove any foreign odors or sediment from the water.
5. Ideal temperature range for brewing is between 195-205 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Use a sufficient amount of coffee to prepare a flavorful brew: 2 tbsp. coffee (or 1.5 in. bed depth of grounds) for each 6 oz. of water to be brewed.
7. Select the appropriate batch size for the most enjoyment and least amount of waste.
8. Do not "hold" coffee over direct heat for more than 20 minutes.
9. Stir coffee when using a steeping method to brew.
10. Temper brewing vessels and cups with dry heat or hot water before serving. Savor and enjoy.